Thursday, January 25, 2018

Simon's kindergarten open house

On Thursday, Dillard Drive Elementary school had an open house for kindergarten. I couldn't find any actual detailed information about it, so we took Simon.  It turned out to not really be for kids, as there was a half hour long power point presentation in the library to kick it off. Luckily I'd brought some little pads of paper, so Simon spent the entire time folding them and cutting holes in them, but at least he wasn't going crazy.  Alice did paper work for a while, then wandered around the library and looked at books.

Finally the presentation was over, and we took a little tour of the gym, cafeteria, and a kindergarten classroom. Zac and I weren't too interested in this and could have skipped the whole thing, except we wanted to get Simon thinking about kindergarten and wanted to have him have a chance to see inside the school. Somehow I think his transition to kindergarten may be a bit rougher than Alice's.

Since the open house was from 5:30-6:30, both kids were a bit bonkers--hungry and tired.

We couldn't get Simon to take the dragonfly picture, but Alice did.