So I was quite happy that at the actual performance, she seemed a bit nervous, but didn't cover her face or stand there like a zombie (as she had in years past at daycare programs). In fact, if you look closely, she is usually singing and even doing the hand motions. Progress!
Here are a few clips of the songs. Alice is in the very top/back row, 7th kid from the right.
After the kids went back to their classroom and got settled, the parents were invited to the classrooms, where for Alice's class, Ms. Winterton gave a little speech about each kid and then gave them a personalized "award" and a real plastic gold cup. Because the teacher would first describe the student and then announce the name at the very end, it was impossible to record the speech about Alice without recording all of them. So to the best of my recollection, Ms. Winterton said Alice was going to be a fabulous talk show host some day. I'm surprised she didn't say lawyer, but maybe Alice talks more than argues at school, so I guess that's a positive. Alice got the "Spunky Spirit" award.
| Brantley, Alice, Julia |
After the classroom program was over, we all went outside for a picnic on the playground. I like that somehow Alice always picks friends with parents that I also really like. It's very convenient. So we had our picnic with Brantley and Julia's parents. It was great fun. Alice sat in the very middle (because nobody puts Alice in a corner).
| Ms. Wilson, & Ms. Winterton |
Alice has had such a great kindergarten experience, thanks in large part to these lovely ladies!