Sunday, August 23, 2015

Water Day

We went to Bond Park this morning to feed the ducks. Because I forgot bread the last time, Alice was very good about reminding me to bring bread this time. She carried the bag around the house all morning, and kept leaving it places. I finally got grumpy enough with her that she left it by the door, and we successfully brought it to the park. The ducks were quite happy (you can't see them in the picture, but there are a lot).


Then the kids tried fishing with Alice's pretend fishing pole. They both need some work on their casting--the timing of it is quite tricky.



We watched a caterpillar for a while.


Then we rented a row boat. This was Zac's idea of a good time. I thought it was too hot and sunny, but we just putzed around in the shade by the shore for a bit, so it wasn't too bad.


Back at the house, the kids took good naps, and then Zac let them help him wash the car and play with water while I went for a walk.