Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Zac's Happy 36th Birthday

I think the best part of Zac's birthday was when he went in to get Alice up and her first words, in that sweet groggy sleepy voice was, "Happy birthday, Daddy!"  Alice had been laser-focused on Zac's birthday since she knew there would be cake involved and presents to unwrap.

I revealed the cake in the morning and Zac was able to figure out what it said.


Since the kids, the best way to have a birthday supper is to get take-out, since cooking is just work and chaos with the kids underfoot, and going out to eat is no fun with the kids.  This time I got Zac a chicken pot pie from Whole Foods and cooked up some fresh green beans.


Simon loves green beans!  Watch how quickly he gets his arm back out after grabbing the first bean.

After supper, we had cake.  Simon absolutely loved the candles and kept saying, "Fire!" long after the candles were blown out and the cake was consumed.  We did sing happy birthday, but I started the video afterwards.