Friday, January 16, 2015

18 month stats

Simon had his 18-month wellness visit Friday afternoon.  When I picked him up from daycare, the ladies there insisted that I have the doctor have him tested for iron deficiency, because they said he seems tired a lot and one time he turned blue.  They also said he walked weirdly.

So, we all know Simon is way behind on skills like walking and being able to stand up on his own, and the questionnaire I had to fill out at the doctor's office confirmed this.  He's fine or ahead on everything else, but way behind on gross motor skills.  The doctor, out of an abundance of caution, is referring him to be evaluated by neurologists, to make sure nothing is wrong.  She also ordered some extra blood work.  Stay tuned.

At least he appears to be growing better.  Six months ago, he was in the 10% for weight and the 18% for height, so we're happy he's becoming a little more "average."