Alice ate her breakfast of pancakes and applesauce really quickly, and Simon slept in until nearly 10:00am, so Alice started the art projects early today. First, she colored with markers. She still does a lot of scribbling, but occasionally she will say it is something. In this picture, she has drawn a goblin. She said all those vertical lines are teeth.
Then she moved on to play-doh. She made her name, and was pretty proud.
Then she said, "Look, mommy, I put hair on it!"
Simon eventually woke up, happy as always. He did not like the pancakes, so he just had his normal yogurt for breakfast.
Then we went outside to play. In this photo, Simon is saying "Ball!" with much enthusiasm.
We used the hammock for a while and Alice's hair had some static.
Sometimes she dons the pink plastic aviator sunglasses Zac found in the bottom of Jordan Lake and just looks too cool.
Simon played on the porch for a while. Here he is trying to feed the cat a piece of catfood, and saying "Umm!" just like we do when we try to convince him to eat something.
I should also record that Simon finally started calling me "mama" today, although mainly just when he wanted a drink of water. He's 15 months old and I don't know how many words he knows now, but I'd like to point out that he also said "harmonica" today too. So I was not on the top of the list.