Saturday, November 9, 2013
Tossed cookies
I took Alice to the grocery store in her undies this morning, so I was slightly prepared for an accident. But it didn't happen in the way I expected. A lady brought around cookie samples and seemed so delighted to offer Alice one that I couldn't say no. Alice took one bite and started coughing from inhaling a crumb or something. In a move reminiscent of the first year of her life, she coughed so much that she vomited up the entire contents of her stomach. Right there in the meat department. It was all over her jeans and the shopping cart and the floor. I asked a nearby employee for some paper towels and one kind shopper asked if I needed any help. I wiped Alice and the cart off as best I could. The employee brought out the infamous barf powder that we all remember from elementary school, to cover the "spill."
