Our second snow came a week later. They closed the schools Friday because it was initially predicted to start snowing sometime Friday afternoon. Later the forecast changed to Friday night, but everything was already closed. So Friday night when I went to bed, it had just started snowing and looked like this:
When we woke in the morning, we indeed had a proper snow. We spent much of the day outside. After breakfast we went sledding on the field across the road with the Weimers. We also tried sledding down the hill into The Gardens of Wellington (pretentious Facebook name for the patch of land under the power lines down between the road and the creek that they're developing a community garden in). After a while, we were cold and hungry and all adjourned for lunch. After lunch, I took a walk. Simon went out playing with the Weimers, and Alice did something in the house. Later, I invited the Weimers over for a fire, thinking we'd stand outside and freeze for an hour or so. They ended up hanging out for quite a while and we didn't go in until around 7pm. It was a really fun day!