I was planning on just taking the day after Christmas easy...but that morning Natasha and Jess both texted me about taking a hike, and I can never pass up a hike. So Jess + Anna, Natasha + Izzy, Robyn + Oscar, Felix, Xavier, and Sera + Alice all did a 3-mile hike at Jordan Lake. With so many people (10!), it was just the disaster you'd expect.
Natasha and I were ten minutes late. Robyn was 30 minutes late. About a mile into the hike, at the first "stop", Robyn gave Oscar her keys and let him walk back to their vehicle to read a book instead. Xavier sat down on a log an broke down crying, saying he didn't want to hike anymore and I had to bribe him with gummies to keep going. Alice, Anna, and Izzy kept squabbling. Nobody could stay together. After the second stop, Robyn's remaining two kids walked ahead, she went after them, and we never saw her again until the very end of the hike. But all in all, it was still fun. I got to visit with my friends. I got fresh air and exercise. The weather was beautiful. It's a great hike with mixed terrain, views of the lake, and lots of fun stops where the kids could play.
I was so distracted by all the commotion that I failed to take any pictures during the 3-hour hike, until this one at the very end of Izzy, Anna and Alice on Jess's truck, back in the parking lot.