Thursday, April 1, 2021

Lake Lure Mtn Trip Day 5: Cold & Windy

 On our last full day in the mountains, it was much colder and windy. We stayed inside most of the morning, but eventually went out, lured by the sunshine. Plus, Simon is relentless in his desire to go fishing.



Unfortunately, he's still learning to use the bait-caster and got it a bit snarled up when his hook got stuck on a weed right before casting.



While Zac tried to untangle the line, I took the kids out of his hair and up the creek exploring.


After lunch, I had the bright idea to drive down to a park by Lake Lure. I have an insatiable desire to go places, and it bothered me to drive all the way out here and then spend two days just staying at the cabin because of less-than-ideal weather. 




But the weather ultimately won. It was way windier there by the big lake, and freezing, so after taking the shortest walk possible, we took shelter in our van and drove back to the cabin. We had a relaxing afternoon, which I suppose is another purpose of a vacation -- not just dragging kids up mountains.