Simon loves writing sentences with his sight words.
Alice and I played a game of Chinese checkers with the board from grandma Cam. I helped Alice as much as I could but I still beat her.
I had arranged a playdate with Parker for the afternoon. Alice had been asking for one for a long time. Although they go to the same school, they're in different grades so they haven't really seen each other much since Parker moved away. They immediately fell into their old pattern--building forts in the living room.
Elli came over to play with Simon.
They decorated his door.
And played in the bath.
Late that afternoon I escaped for a walk.
That evening we went to a neighborhood get-together at the Snows. It was nice because the kids played well and we were actually able to visit. Our neighbors are a really nice group. It went so well that we accidentally stayed very late, until almost 11pm. It was amazing the kids lasted that long before breaking down. Here is a little private feast Elli and Simon prepared for themselves. I just love it that he has a playmate!