The Durham Bulls Athletic park and surrounding area are quite nice. We'd never been in this area before, but we drive by it all the time on our way to the Durham Museum of Life and Science.
Once inside the stadium for the game, Alice didn't last long in her seat. Simon did OK.
We ate an early supper before coming to the game, but Zac got some cupcakes and beer to help everyone survive the hours of tedium that define baseball games.
Finally, when we couldn't take the squirmy kids anymore, Zac took them over to the kiddie play area where they could go bonkers without disturbing anyone. I came over after a while because I needed to walk to keep the circulation in my legs going.
Yes, Alice climbed to the top of this and went down the slide!
The end of the game actually ended up being quite exciting, with the Bulls narrowly winning. The game was followed by fireworks shot from the field. The kids liked them, but Simon was very worried about them getting us. This picture was taken before the fireworks even started.
On our way out, we got some free hotdogs. Zac ate his, I think Alice ate half, and Simon saved his and never ate it.
The kids and grownups were all pretty tired when we got home. I'm not sure we'll do the game again -- or maybe every other year.