Thursday, July 26, 2018

Cavities

I had to take Simon into the dentist this morning to have his teeth operated on for two cavities.  He did all right, but it was absolutely horrible for me. No more gummies for this kid!

The pediatric dentistry practice we go to is awesome with the kids, and it was interesting to watch how they really had every part of the procedure down to a science, combined with the fine art of keeping the kid happy or distracted. They gave Simon laughing gas during the procedure, which didn't put him out, but it kept him docile.  I think it also made him forget what happened during the procedure.  He did well most of the time, but near the end kind of had a panic attack.  But once it was all over, he was happy as a clam and not the least bit traumatized.


Here he is right afterwards, as they're flushing out the laughing gas with oxygen.  I thought his spirit had died.  Look at those eyes!


But he was totally fine, and my happy Simon returned within minutes.