We are eating supper on the back deck, and Simon notices a wasp on the door.
He asks, "How will we get back in the house because there’s a wasp on the door?"
Zac says, "Well we do have another door." We also discussed the possibility that the wasp would fly away.
But then, I also say, "We could just stay out here forever. I mean, we’ve got a grill and plenty of meat."
Simon thinks about it for a moment, and catches on. He looks right at me and says, "Mom, I’ll eat Dad and you can eat Alice."
He asks, "How will we get back in the house because there’s a wasp on the door?"
Zac says, "Well we do have another door." We also discussed the possibility that the wasp would fly away.
But then, I also say, "We could just stay out here forever. I mean, we’ve got a grill and plenty of meat."
Simon thinks about it for a moment, and catches on. He looks right at me and says, "Mom, I’ll eat Dad and you can eat Alice."
Sounds like a good plan to me!