Saturday, December 23, 2017

Day 1: Drive to Ohio

On Saturday we loaded up the van and drove to Ohio for our Christmas visit. It's so nice now because we don't have to bring any special baby-items anymore. Just tons of clothes, shoes, presents (hidden in that giant brown box), some books, a few toys, and tons of snacks and water bottles. Easy-peasy.


Our first rest stop.


Another rest stop where I used my Starbucks gift cards that I get from students to splurge on cake-pops for the kids.


All in all, the trip was fairly painless. I gave Alice a Dramamine to help stave off the car-sickness while she played on the iPad most of the time. Simon was pretty content just looking out the window most of the time. Other than the rain and fog through the mountains, it was a very easy trip. No one cried. I set a timer on my phone and gave the kids gummy worms every hour they went without whining.

We arrived in Ashville in time for a late supper with some cupcakes for dessert.