Saturday, November 11, 2017

Alice spends her allowance

I took the kids to the Durham Museum of Life and Science. We played inside and outside, visited the butterfly house and farm animals, and finally, finally, went to the gift shop so Alice could spend her allowance (with a little boost from Grandma Cam's Halloween money).


She bought a "bubble timer", a container of slime, and a butterfly key chain. (It all cost about $15, so she had some money left over.) I didn't intervene too much, but I did talk her out of buying gemstones and stuff that would just lay around and get lost.

With his money from Grandma Cam, Simon picked out an airplane and some chocolate covered bugs.


He ate the bugs as soon as we got to the car. He kept asking, "Where are their legs?"





The slime was a big hit. For some reason, Simon calls it his royal chicken.