Today, Alice had her first day of first grade at the new school. She also rode the bus to school for the first time. She was completely unfazed by all off this, although she was a bit bonkers at the bus stop in the morning. I, too, was relatively unfazed, and I didn't even shed a tear as the giant yellow bus swallowed up my daughter and transported her off to school.
| Parker (2nd grade) and Alice (1st grade) |
| The bus stop |
The school is less than 10 minutes from our house, but the girls will have a 45-minute bus ride every morning. They are the second stop on the route.
She came home with her first grade hat, so I guess she's certified now.
Alice didn't say much about her day other than that it was great and her teacher asked her to not keep getting up to ask her questions all the time.