The air was still cool, but the kids were soon ready to go swimming.
Zac and I took turns watching the kids at the beach and packing up. I took these pics to capture the site before our tent was down. We'll definitely be coming back to this one!
When not in the water, Simon had no problem coming up with fun activities. One thing he liked to do was stir up the fire ash and declare, "I'm making smoke!" So if he has lung cancer later in life, this is why. He also did some more glow stick rolling. None of the rolls in this video went very well, but he did get it to roll all the way down to the beach one time.
I gave everyone a big morning snack (followed by a nice piece of chocolate) to prevent breakdowns upon our arrival at home. We left around 12:30, trying to get home in time to give the kids a proper, and much needed, nap in their own beds.
Of course, they still fell asleep in the van on the way home, despite our best efforts. So we left them in the van while we scurried around getting as much unpacking done as we could before they woke up. They were a bit droopy that afternoon.