Sunday, October 9, 2016

House Hunting, Van Portraits and Godbold Park

On Sunday morning, the weather had cleared up. We decided to go check out a house for sale that looked interesting, then go to a nearby park.

We didn't actually have an appointment to see the house, but we just drove by and I discovered a back door open (the owners had already moved out), so I looked around inside. The pictures online made the house look awesome, but in reality it was really run down and in need of a complete makeover. We're just a the very beginning of what is sure to be a long and fraught process of house hunting, but I've been looking at houses online for years in preparation. I guess this was a good reminder that there can be quite a difference between the pictures and reality.

While I was poking around, Zac was playing around taking portraits of the kids in the van.







We finally headed to the park. Simon swung on the big kids swing. They both played on the playground quite well. It is so nice that they can finally both play on their own at the playgrounds (except for the swings).


Then we walked down a path and spent the rest of the time playing at the creek.