Friday, March 11, 2016

Simon loves bread

We recently discovered that Simon loves eating plain bread. This is the best thing ever. We discovered it on accident one evening about a week ago when I was assembling BLTs for supper, and Simon was hungry and kept asking for bread. He didn't want jelly or butter or anything on it. Just bread. A day or two later, when he needed a snack, I offered a piece of bread, and sure enough, he gobbled it right up. Alice has never been a fan of bread, so I guess that's why it never occurred to us that Simon would like bread. Although, in hindsight, we should have figured it out because whenever we have Indian food, Simon loves eating the naan bread. So now, in the morning when we're getting breakfast ready, Simon will say, "I want to stand in the kitchen and eat bread" and he will do just that. We usually give him half a slice, and he has a special way of eating it: he always eats the crusts first.