Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Sleepover with the cousins

We spend the last day of the trip at my sister's house, with Alice and Simon's sole cousins. The kids basically played with toys and did a lot of art. There was a cute bit where Simon decided he was a pickle and Kaelyn and Braeden chased him around and tickled him. Unfortunately, this was right when I was trying to get Simon to lay down for a diaper change.




Alice was disappointed the dolls didn't have dresses on, so I just told her they had their gymnastics clothes on. Alice ran with the idea, and set the girls up in different exercise poses.


I read the kids four bedtime stories in hopes they would be worn out and ready for the sleeping part of their sleepover, but it didn't work. They were still rambunctious for a while, and I eventually went back up and sat with them. Kaelyn and Braeden pretended to be asleep so long that they actually fell asleep. Still, in the middle of the night, Alice woke up and everyone was gone--her cousins had crept into their parent's room in the middle of the night. Needless to say, Alice was quite scared to wake up from a nightmare and find herself alone in a strange place, so I went in and rescued her and she slept the rest of the night in our room.