I think Thanksgiving is my new favorite holiday. We don't have to travel anywhere or buy anything or host anyone. We just get a couple days off work and school to relax as a family.
I had Wednesday off, but the kids' daycare was open until 2pm, so I had one of my "magical" days where its just me, beholding to no one. Except, actually, I don't indulge on these days, but rather run errands.
I picked the kids up around two, and since it was a beautiful afternoon, I stopped by red park on the way home and let the kids play for about an hour or so. Simon was happy to discover somebody had left some toys in the sand pit. Alice enjoyed swinging and climbing.
There was only one other kid there, a 4-year-old boy named Noay (sp?). He played in the sandbox with Simon for a while, and then eventually he and Alice warmed up to each other, and played together a bit. My favorite moment was when Noay said, "I'm Batman!" and Alice, without missing a beat, said, "I'm Ironman!"
I actually haven't been with Simon at a playground for a while, and I was quite impressed at how his skills have developed enough for him to finally navigate the playground equipment.
After Noay left, Alice and Simon played together for a while. It's so fun to see their relationship develop as Simon matures enough to play with her.
And finally, a selfie of me enjoying the afternoon at the park with the kids!