Saturday, April 18, 2015

Chores

The spring pollen is finally tapering off, so Zac conducted the annual porch-pollen removal operation, wherein he takes all the pollen-covered junk off the porch and washes it off. Alice loves to help with this project.  When I interviewed Zac for this post, I said, "My theme is that Alice is actually able to help with chores now. Do you have any anecdotes?"  Zac responded, "Uh, my experience does not fit that theme.  She just wanted to play with everything, rather than wash it and put it away." But she looks so helpful, doesn't she?




Later that evening, I had her help me unload the clothes from the dryer, a task that she can complete successfully since there is far less potential for playing.  Simon wanted to help too, so I told Alice to let him do some. She said, "Here Simon, you can put my undies in the basket!"