First, we had to get everybody ready and out the door, with snacks, waters, and diaper bags packed. For some reason this always takes forever, so that Simon ended up falling asleep in the van on the way there, since it was already time for his morning nap.
Simon woke up shortly after arriving, and we first played in the building that has lots of interactive things for the kids to do. Plus, it was warm. Simon had a lot of fun sticking things in and out of this fake pumpkin.
There were four puzzles, and Alice did each one. Her puzzles skills have greatly advanced since I last saw her do one. I helped her a bit with the others, but she completed this ladybug one entirely by herself.
When we were in the building, Zac found an unsharpened pencil made out of recycled money. Simon ended up with it and kept it until the very end, where he dropped it off of the bridge and into the water below. I'm pretty sure he did it on purpose (based on all the gravity studies he is still conducting whenever he is in his high chair). At least it went out in dramatic fashion.
Trying to get decent family portraits is a nightmare, but the colors are pretty.
Simon loves walking around if we hold his hands or arms. He'll walk for a long time, and today whenever we got tired of carrying him, we'd just let him walk for a while. He seems to be getting close to walking unsupported.
Simon really liked digging in the leaves with his pencil.
Alice could walk on the fallen tree trunk and balance all by herself.
Did I mention that family portraits are difficult?
Zac wanted to take a family portrait of our reflections in the water; that's when Simon dropped his beloved pencil off the edge. I've (obviously) doctored the photo using the "heat map" feature.