Saturday, June 14, 2014

So this is three...

On Saturday morning, Zac and Alice went to the grocery store.  While Simon napped, I prepared a slightly early Father's Day present for Zac: clearing all the crap out of the pool (it had been our toy storage on the porch all winter and Zac had been grumbling about being tired of looking at it).  I had bought a basket that matched the porch furniture to store the porch toys in, more out of sight.  Then I put the pool under the porch.  When Zac and Alice got back from the store, Zac didn't even notice, so I had to tell him about it.  We let Alice wander in and out of the house relatively freely these days, and so about five minutes later I went to check on her, and this is what I saw:


I was impressed for a couple of reasons.  First of all, she had overheard me telling Zac about the pool and then hatched a plan all by herself.  But more importantly, she executed the plan all by herself.  She drug the pool out from under the porch, took it to within reach of the water barrel hose, gathered some toys from the new basket, took off her shoes, turned on the hose, and entertained herself.