Friday, March 28, 2014

Do you like my hat?

 A while back, one of the books that Sera and I would often read to Alice was P.D. Eastman's Go, Dog. Go!  We haven't read it in a long time and she probably doesn't remember much, but she does remember the game we started because of it.  She will frequently stick something she is playing with on her head and ask "Do you like my hat?"  I usually follow the script and say "I do not."  I don't think she remembers the source material though, so she may be a little puzzled at this response.

One of the pages in question. [SPOILER ALERT] The pink dog asks several times but the yellow dog only likes the crazy "party hat" she tries on at the end.





Here she is holding two plastic golf clubs.  She started by asking "do you like my hat?" but then changed her mind and asked if I liked her pigtails.